Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Give Me Five: Favorite Romantic Movies!

You know me, I love my Chick Lit. But I also really love Chick Flicks! One of my Favorite Movie Genres is Romantic Comedies. I can't get enough of them. So I thought since this is Valentines Day Weekend, you might be looking for a Romantic Movie to watch with your Valentine. So I thought I'd share my top 5 favorites . . . . . 

  
My Top 5 Romantic Movies Of All Time: 

The Notebook
You can't go wrong with this one. 
A moving story for couples of any age. 
(And the best part: the lead character, Ally's shoes!
trust me, notice them) 

Dirty Dancing
 I Love Dance Movies too 
& this qualifies as both!
(And has one of my favorite actors, Patric Swayze) 


Return To Me
If you have never seen this one, you Must.
It will make you Cry & Laugh!
(And has one of the best Movie Soundtracks ever! 
We listen to it all the time!) 
Keeping The Faith
 Friendship -vs- Love! 
Can you have both? 
(And maybe it's because I'm married to a Pastor, 
but this movie always does it for me!) :)

Now for my last pick I have to go Old School! I Love the 80's! And that's when this Movie came out! It was my Favorite movie back in the day! Don't Judge Me! 

Valley Girl
 Like Totally!
We really knew how to Talk & how to Dress back then! :) 
Though the rating system was different back then, so proceed with caution.
(And Bonus, it stars Nicholas Cage, 
before we even knew who he was!)  

So, there you have it. Five of my Favorite Romantic Comedies! I'm planning on seeing Safe Haven in the Theater when we do our Valentine Date, and I have the Book waiting to be read after seeing the Movie! (You know how I roll!) :) Nicholas Sparks Books & Movies are usually really good. Besides The Notebook, Message In A Bottle is also a great one! And we've already watched Valentines Day, leading up to this weekend. So if you find your self at home wanting to watch a "Romantic" film, try out some of my suggestions & let me know what you think. I'm sure I'll be re-watching some of them myself! So here's to Romance & spending time with those you Love! 

Happy Valentines Day! 

1 comment:

Britton said...

Aaaaaaah My favorite, "Dirty Dancing" made the list! LOVE that movie! Stopping in from SITS!