Wednesday, July 6, 2011

3 Years!!!

I started Blogging in June of 2008. Just over 3 years ago!

As of late I've been doing very little of it.

Working full time, raising 4 kids, fitting in Date nights with my wonderful husband, finding time to spend with family and maybe a few friends, reading, trying to fit in some laundry now and then, keeping up with the world around me, well, you get the picture.

Though Blogging is very important to me, & something I LOVE to do, I just don't have the time in this stage of my life that I'd love to put into it.

Though it's never far from my mind. Or my heart.

I was just talking today with my husband & daughters about how I need (okay, make that want) to Blog more, and as today is my day off, I was thinking about possibilities I could Blog about, when it hit me.

I think I missed my Anniversary (or Blogiversary!) The Anniversary of when I started my Blog. I looked it up & sure enough, I was correct.

I launched my Blog in June of 08. It is now July, 2011. It's been 3 years!

I wanted to part some sort of Bloggy wisdom, but this is me we're talking about! :)

So, as I type, I'm coming up with 3 things I've learned in my 3 years of Blogging! (I'm certain there has to be at least 3 items I can pull out of the air, right?! We'll see.)

So, here we go . . .

3 Things I've Learned In 3 Years Of Blogging:

1. My Opinion Matters! (If only to me! And sometimes that may be the case.)
After all Blogs are for sharing your opinion. It isn't always the right opinion (except in my case of course!) But it is mine. And by choosing what Blogs I read, shows I care about that persons opinion. And I'm so Thankful for those who choose to read my Blog. Weather or not you agree with all my opinions, I'm grateful you take the time to read them & share with me your opinions on the matter at hand, weather it be Raising Our Children, Marriage, Politics, Pop Culture, Books or Movies, Travel, and any Important or Silly Subject Matter I choose to address. I can not thank you enough.

2. Writing things down helps to solidify them in Memory. (And at my age, I need all the help I can get remembering things!)
The other day my son asked me about something that happened years ago in his life and he couldn't quite remember all the details. I started telling the story in all it's details and someone asked "How can you remember all that?" I simply stated "I Blogged about it!" Even when I was younger in school or in classes at Church when I had to memorize something for a test, Bible verses, or lines for a play, the first thing I did was write it down. It helps you to remember it! Blogging has done that for me with events in my Children's lives! Another thing I am forever grateful for!

3. We're all the same! (only Different!)
As Moms, as Women, we're all basically the same. It doesn't matter where we come from, our age, how many children we have, Married, Single, we're all the same to a certain degree. We all want whats best for our kids. We may go about getting it in different ways. We may parent differently, some more strict, some by trying to be their child's friend instead of their parent, some (like me) who try to Laugh their way Through Parenting! :) There are any number of ways & we're not the same in the way we get there, but our intent is the same. And when I share whats on my heart as a Mother, or things that work well with my kids, or that haven't worked at all, I know others will be able to relate to it. And they do. And in turn, share with me (with us all) what has and hasn't work for them as well. And That's what this Blog has always been about.

So here's to many more years of Laughing Through Parenting together!

Me, today, doing what I love to do, Blogging!

No comments: