Monday, July 13, 2015

"Summer Reading, Had Me A Blast!"

 
 I Love Reading in the Summer Time! And I so Love a Good Summer Read! For me, what makes a Book a good Summer Read is that it is set in the Summer Time, Somewhere I'd love to be, usually the Beach, and has a griping story line! That can be Suspenseful, Adventurous, or Relational. So with that formula in mind; Here's what I'm Reading this Year . . . . .

 
 If you enjoy a Who Done It, and liked Gone Girl, The Girl On The Train by: Paula Hawkins, might be for you. It's not set on the Beach, but a City in England. And Everyone is talking about this Book! I did find that having an unreliable Narrator can be a little frustrating. But it will keep you guessing!

 My Book Club read Paper Towns by: John Green (who also wrote The Fault In Our Stars) and to be honest with you, I didn't think I would really like it. It seemed to me it would be just another YA Book. But, being honest again, I REALLY Liked it! This one is set mostly in Orlando, Florida, at the end of the School Year. It has mystery, adventure, and it really gives you a lot to think about! The Movie comes out this month as well, and my Book Club will be going together to see it!

Ann Brashares' The Last Summer (of You & Me) Is my new Favorite Summer Read! I Loved This Book! It's everything I Love in a Book! It's about Sisters & Friends, Set on New York's Fire Island. There is Romance, and it will pull at your Heart Strings! Now, Ann Brashares wrote The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants Book Series, which are good Summer Reads in themselves, and are written for Teen Girls, this one is not! So be advised. ;) I literally felt like I just wanted to cry when I got to the end of this Book. I was so sad it was over.

 The Summer Read my Church Book Club picked to read is Sisterchicks do the Hula! by: Robin Jones Gunn. About Girlfriends who travel together to Hawaii. Now, if you know me, you know I Love All Things Hawaiian! And the number 1 item on my Bucket List is to someday Hula in Hawaii! So this one should be a fun read right up my alley!

Beautiful Day by: Elin Hilderbrand (The Queen of the Summer Reads, Barefoot is one of my favorites of hers!) is what I'm reading now for the BookFinks BookClub. The setting is a Wedding on Nantucket. And with my son getting married this fall, I thought this one would be apropos. And so far I am enjoying it.

So, I'm gonna ask a favor of you, would you please put your Book down just long enough to let us know what good Books you are Reading this Summer? Cause we're all always looking for new suggestions when it comes to Good Books, right?! Thanks so much. 
 
Happy Summer
&
Happy Reading!
 

No comments: