1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I use both, but I prefer wrapping paper, it's more fun to open!
2. Real tree or Artificial? We have a nice artificial tree. But I like to add pine scent to the room and people always think it's real.
3. When do you put up the tree? Thanksgiving weekend.
4. When do you take the tree down? After New Years!
5. Do you like eggnog? No.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I was a Barbie girl, living in a Barbie world. And I remember one year my mom giving me a whole shoebox full of homemade Barbie clothes. Some of which even matched some of my clothes.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My Father-in-Law.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Well, besides myself, it would be my girls.
9. Do you have a Nativity scene? I put up several, a beautiful, large porcelain one, with a home made stable made by John's dad. I have an unbreakable one I bought so the kids could play with it and act out the story when they were little. And I would always find Mickey Mouse, Santa, and an assortment of other characters visiting the Baby Jesus! I have a cute little Amish one that sits on my kitchen window sill.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I try to mail them. (I even already have most of mine out, note that it is before Christmas too! Because sometimes they become New Years Cards.) But, I enjoy getting both.
11. Worst Christmas Gift? Fruitcake! (Though I may be one, I don't eat them!) ; )
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Oh, there are so many. I love "It's A Wonderful Life", "The Family Man", "Jingle All The Way", "A Charlie Brown Christmas" just to name a few. I love the old classics, and the new ones too.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? The day after Thanksgiving. I always try for earlier, but never really do.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I'll never tell!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My mom's Homemade Christmas Cookies.
16. Lights on the tree? I like multi colored, and some blinking.
17. Favorite Christmas song? "Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas", "Silver Bells", "Silent Night", "We three kings" (Because it's about me. . . 'Star of Wonder, Star of Light, Star with Royal Beauty Bright!') ; )
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I prefer to stay home, but I'd love to visit New York City at Christmas time. And Disneyland as well.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Now Dasher, and Dancer, Prancer and Vixen, On Comet and Cupid, and Donner & Blitzen, and of course we can't forget Rudolph!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? With a name like mine, of course it has to be a Star!
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve. or Christmas morning? It is our tradition to open one gift on Christmas Eve., and then Santa comes while we are sleeping, so we get up early Christmas morning to see what he brought us and open the rest of our gifts.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? That we get TOO BUSY to really enjoy it.
23. Favorite Ornament theme or color? The most special ornaments to me are all the ones my sister gave me. She use to send me one every year. And I think of her every year as I put them on my tree.
24. Favorite Christmas dinner? Turkey, with all the trimmings, especially sweet potatoes.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Tickets to see "The Lion King" Broadway show when it's here in Jan., But they are way too expensive, so we will have to catch it next time! I also love to get clothes and books.