Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11, 10 Years Later


It's a day in our History that we will never forget! We will never forget what happened. We won't forget where we were when it did happen. For me, we were living in the South, my boys had gone to school. I was home with my 3 year old Twins. I turned on The Today Show & couldn't believe what I was seeing. What's happening? Were any of us safe? Should I pull my Boys out of school?

We went to our Church, where other staff members were gathering to watch & pray. I remember us walking in, they had set up a T.V. & one of my girls said "Daddy, we already saw the plane crash into the building." Just thinking it's another T.V. show, Thankfully not knowing what we were watching was actually our new reality.


In July 2008 I went with my Boys & their Youth Group on a Missions Trip to New York City. You can read more about our Amazing trip & see some pictures by clicking here and scrolling down. While we were there we visited the sight of The Twin Towers.

As soon as you come up out of the Subway, there is a hush about the place. Even though it is a construction site, it is truly the only quiet place in the City! Below is a picture of the three of us at Ground Zero. We read the names of those who lost their life that day on a Memorial wall & spoke with some local Firemen.


We met some people in New York City who had been personally affected that day. Among them was a Man who worked on Wall Street & after 9/11, quit his job & got involved in a Ministry to Muslims. I spoke with a Beautiful Women at a homeless shelter, living there with her children, who was downtown shopping that day & due to all the dust she inhaled, now has many health problems & can not work.

Tonight on Own (Oprah's Network) they are airing a special called The Twins of the Twin Towers. There were over 40 people who lost their Twin that day. As a Mother of Twins myself the thought of that is so heartbreaking.


This morning in our Church we showed a video to remember 9/11, 10 years later & then followed it by singing the following song, I leave you with now:


You Never Let Go

Even though I walk
Through the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I'm caught
In the middle of the storms of this life
I won't turn back I know You are near

And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear
Whom then shall I fear

Oh no You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no You never let go
In ev'ry high and ev'ry low
Oh no You never let go
Lord You never let go of me

And I can see a light that is coming
For the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
We'll live to know You here on the earth

Oh no You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no You never let go
In ev'ry high and ev'ry low
Oh no You never let go
Lord You never let go of me

Yes I can see a light
That is coming for the heart that holds on
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
Still I will praise You
Still I will praise You


CCLI Song No. 4674166
© 2005 Thankyou Music (Admin. by EMI Christian Music Publishing)
Beth Redman | Matt Redman
For use solely with the SongSelect Terms of Use. All rights Reserved. www.ccli.com
CCLI License No. 2053190

No comments: