Sunday, July 28, 2013

Dancing In Durango!

Yesterday was the National Day of Dance! Dance is Biblical! Dance is fun! Dance = Joy!

 "Shuffle, Step!"

When my girls were little I put them in a little Tap Dance class. It was just so cute watching them! And for about three & a half years the girls & I took Hula Lessons. (One of the MOST Beautiful types of Dance ever Created!)

I'm in the solid blue, my girls in floral on either side of the front row!
Performing in the Arizona Aloha Festival!

I took Dance all through High School. It was my Favorite class & some of my best High School Memories. When my girls were getting ready to start High School I told them they should take Dance, I knew they would love it as much as I did. They had all 4 years of classes planned out. They had to fit in all their regular classes & what they'll need to get in to College, with Band, Choir, other interests of theirs like Art & Photography, etc. let's just say they have a full schedule. So they decided to take Dance their Freshman year as their one needed P.E. Credit. But me being right (As Usual!) :) half way through the year, they decided to audition for next year, which they made Intermediate Dance, & rearrange their class schedule so they can take Dance ALL four years of High School! Just another example of Mother Knows Best! :) So now you can come into my house at any given moment & find one or two (or sometimes more) girls Dancing around our house! Or at the park with friends Dancing!

So when we found ourselves on Vacation in Beautiful Durango Colorado, as we were walking around taking in all the Beauty, we couldn't help ourselves but wonder what it would look like to combine the art of Photography with the art of Dance in such a Beautiful setting! We had so much fun coming up with Dance moves to try in different places. We got some really funny shots taken too soon or too late, that looked like either a marshal arts move or someone falling in mid air! :) But we got some really Beautiful shots as well. Hope you enjoy viewing them as much as we enjoyed taking them! (While wondering what everyone around us was thinking as we were doing it!) ;) 


Like a Bridge Over Troubled Water:





Tunnel of Love:


 (Well, he couldn't let his Daughters show him up 
with their Dance Moves! :))


 I Am Sixteen Going On Seventeen:




Mama Mia:
 (Ballet!)

  (Hip Hop! :)) 


The Hills Are Alive With The Sound Of Music:


 

 



We Are Family:
 (Even Austin had to bust a move!)



 

 

 

 

Well there's our Dancing pics. I'm just so happy I now have someone to watch So You Think You Can Dance with me. :) I love watching them learning & falling in love with Dance! So from us to you: When you get the choice to sit it out or Dance, I hope you Dance!

No comments: