Friday, January 3, 2014

2013, The Year In Review


Let's see, what can I say about 2013? It was a Great year! And at the same time it was a not so great year! It began & ended with loss; we lost my Father in Law in March. 1 Year after loosing my Mom! It's always hard to loose people we love, and when you see your kids hurting, it's even worse. Then 2 weeks before Christmas I got "let go" from my job. It is the most stressful job I've ever had in my entire life time, and though the timing was really terrible, it's actually been nice to have time off during the Holidays. We still had a Lovely Christmas! Yes, we had fewer gifts this year, but our kids are older & they understand. And most of our shopping was done before hand. But now that the Holidays are over, I can't afford to be home, so please pray with us, that I find a job quickly. And with loosing my job, we also lost our Health Care, so my new job needs to include that as well. Thanks so much.

But, 2013 brought some really great stuff too . . . Kyle got a new job & a Girlfriend! And is very happy  with both! :) Katie is very sweet, she's a Nurse, & seems to be really good for Kyle! He's also very involved in Music & Jr. High Ministries at his Church. Zach and Kendra are still together & going strong, even though she lives 5 hours away! Zach got his Associates Degree and started ASU this year, working towards his Bachelors Degree in Wildlife & Restoration Ecology. He's studying to be a Wildlife Biologist. Erica & Lexi turned Sweet 16!! We had a big Breakfast At Tiffany's themed party! It was so fun! Both girls also got to go to their first Concerts! Erica saw Taylor Swift & Lexi, Paramore! Their Favorites! We went on an Adventure & had a Great Vacation in Durango Colorado. John & I celebrated 26 years of Marriage! He is working Full time at CrossRoads Church, which is a Interim position. So he is also looking for a permanent position as well.

So, as you can see, we are entering the New Year with open arms! We're ready for new, we're ready for change! As 2013 leaves us with all it's great Memories, that we will treasure for ever, we will let all of it's Sadness be washed away, out with the old, in with the new! Here's to a Happy New Year! Looking forward to see what 2014 holds in store!


No comments: