Monday, April 9, 2012

High School Reunion

Maryvale High School Panthers!
Class of 1982


Yes, it's true. I have been out of High School for 30 years! How can that be?
It just seems so Impossible!
Last weekend we had our 30 year Reunion.


I took a hot date with me: my Husband of almost 25 years!
It's so hard to decide what to wear!
This dinner was less formal.


When I got to the table to register, the restaurant worker checking us in
was trying to guess who was who on the name badges.
When I walked up she looked at me, looked down & said "Are you Star?"
When I said I was, she yelled, "Yes, I got one right!"
Guess that means I look at least somewhat the same as I did 30 years ago! :)


I went to our 10 year reunion, and it was huge.
I missed the 20 year, since we lived out of state at that time.
The 30 year was MUCH smaller!


Some of the girls!
Still looking good, if we do say so ourselves! (And believe me, we do!) :)
(Left to Right: Reine Nelsen Laschen, Lisa Lerma, Christina Mora Clayborn,
Katie Donavich Bieschke, Laurie Groscost Freeman, Maryann Tarango,
Debbie Ferrero Encinas, Dana Opermiller Hogan, Maria ustillos Robles,
Melissa Laidlaw Annis, Me, Leslie Pheiffer)


With Tom Hutchinson, the Student Body President.
We also grew up in the same Church together!


On Sunday afternoon we had a family picnic.
And played some Kickball!
Well I didn't of course! But my kids & some of my classmates played!
(namely: Reine & Christina)
I told them, remember I took Dance, so I wouldn't have to take P.E.! :)
(Pictured L-R: Reine, Christina, Maryann, Dana, Me & Maia)



Dana (Who I knew since Elementary School) & I,
with our 14 year old Daughters!



There is a Pizza & Wings place in Glendale, AZ called Pullano's
who's owners went to my High School.
And on the first Saturday every April they host a Maryvale night!
It's open to all class years!
There were classes representing the 60's through the 90's!
It's great to see neighbors you grew up with or siblings of your classmates, etc.
And this year it happen to fall the week after our Reunion.
So 1982 was well represented!
And I must say we were the loudest class there! :)

I got to see an old friend, Jill Brooks Boughner,
who I used to walk home from school with.
She didn't make it to the reunion. It was really great to catch up with her.
My Older Brother, Danny who graduated MANY years before
us is also in this picture. :)
It was a great time of catching up with old classmates & Friends!
And reliving the past, for just a moment!
Because after all . . .