Friday, December 16, 2011

The 12 Days Of Christmas Movies: Christmas Vacation


Well, you knew I'd have to get there sooner or latter, right?! And I'm sorry to say that that day has finally arrived.

That's right, National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. If you like stupid humor, this movie is for you. But, this year I'm feeling more and more like the Griswold's!

Clark: We're kicking off our fun old fashion family Christmas
by heading out into the country in the old front wheel drive sleigh
to embrace the frosty majesty of the winter landscape
and select that most important of Christmas symbols.

Audrey: We're not coming all the way out here
to get one of those stupid ties with Santa Clauses on it are we?
Clark: No, I have one of those at home.

We're gonna have the hap hap happiest Christmas
since Bing Crosby tap danced with Danny freaking Kay.


Ruby Sue: Uncle Clark, are you sure you ain't Santa Clause?
Clark: I'm sure . . . I can't even afford to be an elf.

With John & I both working retail this Christmas season, we don't have much time for much of anything else. So, we are doing things a little bit differently this year. We got our tree up, and that was about it. Just the tree. Then the next day we managed to add the lights & the pearls. Then on another day came all the rest of the ornaments!

I give you the Griswold family Christmas tree.
Lotta sap in here!
Mmmmm . . . looks great!
Little full, lotta sap.

Ellen: Welcome to our home - what's left of it.

Uncle Lewis: Hey, Grizz, Bethany and I figured out the perfect gift for you!
Clark: Aw, you didn't have to get me anything.
Uncle Lewis: Dang it, Bethany, he guessed it.

John & the boys put up our outside lights while I was at work one day. I came home to a nice surprise!

Bethany: Is your house on fire, Clark?
Clark: No, Aunt Bethany, those are the Christmas lights.

My Family always gets together to bake our Christmas Cookies together! It's always a huge mess and a lot of fun. But unfortunately this year we have to work & can't join in. But I still want my kids to have the experience & of course, we want the cookies, so we're going about it in a different & much easier way . . . ready made cookie dough & frosting! Don't tell! :)

Clark: Since this is Aunt Bethany's 80th Christmas,
I think she should lead us in the saying of Grace.
Aunt Bethany: What, dear?
Nora: Grace!
Aunt Bethany: Grace? She passed away thirty years ago.
Uncle Lewis: They want you to say Grace.
The Blessing!
Aunt Bethany: I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America
and to the republic for which it stands.
One nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Clark: Amen.

And to top it all off, I'm not sending out Christmas cards this year. I LOVE Christmas cards. Picking them out (or in my case designing them with my husband!) Writing my world famous Christmas letter. (though now that I'm Blogging, do I really need to send out a letter?) It's just too costly & time consuming for us this year. So, this will have to do:


No comments: