Saturday, December 10, 2011

The 12 Days Of Christmas Movies: The Holiday


The next Movie on The 12 Days Of Christmas list is The Holiday. A fun, sweet Romantic Comedy in which two women, one from L.A. & one form England, do a house swap in order to take a break from their real lives for the Holidays. We follow them on their adventures in self discovery.

Hannah: I've just noticed how pathetic you are.
Iris: Really? I'm SO aware of it.


I would love to stay in either of these two houses. If you could get away for the Holidays, where would you want to go? For me, It's New York City! I heart NY! I want to Ice skate in Central Park & see the shop windows all decorated for Christmas. I've also always wanted to visit Disneyland at Christmas time. It's magical even in the summer time, just imagine it at Christmas, all decorated & lit up.

I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life.


I need some peace and quiet . . . or whatever it is people go away for.

There are touching moments & great characters in this film. There is a sweet side story involving a neighbor at one of the houses. It's another really good movie to watch this time of year.

Arthur: In the movies we have Leading Ladies and we have the best friend.
You, I can tell, are a Leading Lady,
but for some reason you are behaving like the best friend.

Iris: You're so right,
You're supposed to be the Leading Lady in your own life!
I've been going to a therapist for 3 years,
and she's never explained anything to me that well.
That was Brilliant. Brutal but Brilliant.

No comments: