Thursday, December 22, 2011

The 12 Days Of Christmas Movies: On Strike For Christmas


This next Movie in The 12 Days Of Christmas Movies, is On Strike For Christmas! It was made for Lifetime last year, and we found it at Blockbuster for rent! But my love affair with On Strike For Christmas started long before I saw the Movie.

I just make my list!
And get her done!

You see it is a Book. A really good Book. John bought this book for me as part of an Anniversary gift, knowing that I love to read & I LOVE all things Christmas! Right away I liked the way the Author wrote.

The Holidays are not about all the entrapment's!

The Movie is good, but the Book is better! :)

If I don't do it, it doesn't get done!
I don't know if I can make Christmas happen if I don't get some help soon!

We're gonna get our side of the story out there
and turn the tide on this strike!

I Tweeted about how much I liked the Book as I was reading it, and the Author, Sheila Roberts saw my Tweets & Tweeted me back! (You know how excited I get when an Author Tweets me!) Then when I was running a Book Club I chose another one of her Books, called Bikini Season for the Club to read. Sheila (over Twitter) offered to call my Book Club when we were going to discuss her Book. Can you imagine getting the opportunity to discus a Book with the person who actually wrote it?! I was beyond excited! She quickly became one of my all time favorite Authors!

Christmas doesn't have to be done my way to be perfect.

I've also read a second Christmas Book she's written called The Snow Globe. And she has another new one out this year as well called The Nine Lives Of Christmas, I haven't read that one yet, but I'm sure I will! :)

What makes Christmas perfect isn't what we do.

No comments: