Saturday, October 18, 2008

Celebrating 21 Years

Yesterday was our Wedding Anniversary, and John gave me a Great day! He brought me beautiful red roses, and we went out on a Fun date. We wanted to do something different, not just dinner & a movie as usual. So this is what we did, we went out and ate really good crab legs. Yum! Then we went to a comedy club that does improv. It was really a lot of fun.

They asked if anyone was celebrating a special day, there were two people having Birthdays, and John told them it was our Anniversary. They asked him how many years we'd been married? (21) How we first meet? (on a Blind Date!) Who set us up? (My Brother & Sister-in-law) Where we went? (a concert) Do we have kids? (yes) How many kids do we have? (4) Then they asked the names of our kids? and John paused, and looked at me, as if to say "why don't you tell them, instead of me doing all the talking" and everyone broke out in laughter as if he forgot the names of his kids. So he just said their names really fast so they would know he knew his kids names. (Kyle, Zach, Erica & Alexia) Then they asked me how old each of them were (18,16 & 11) Oh, twins? (yes) etc.

Then they proceeded to turn us into a comedy sketch. Instant Hilarity! With a couple acting as us, when 'John' says to 'Star' "I just realized why people are treating us so badly, whenever we say our kids names fast it sounds like 'how's Yak's anorexia?' (Kyle, Zach, Erica, Alexia) the whole world thinks we have a malnourished Yak. Peta is calling, now you know why I pause every time someone asks me our kids names!" They acted out our date that night with the husband telling the waiter, "you know, I didn't even know what she looked liked when I first met her, dangerous I know, but, it turned out to be a good thing!" Then he yells at the waiter for giving him a menu, cause "what am I gonna do, order ribs? This is a Crab Shack!"

So, our first date, followed by a year of dating, and then 21 years of marriage, and 4 kids, all rolled into about a 10 minute comedy sketch. Everyone was rolling with laughter and congratulating us on our anniversary. So we really accomplished doing something different for our anniversary this year. We won't soon forget this night.

What is your favorite date night?

4 comments:

Darcine said...

I think anything at the beach is great, and anything involving chocolate and coffee is also great! One year, we went to Costco and had hotdogs and soda!!! Totally gross, but we were on such a tight budget. We look back on it with great humor. Congrats for 21 years. We love you both so much.

Darci and Ed

Unknown said...

That sounds like it was so much fun! Congratulations on 21 years! Next month is 10 for Matt and me. Wow.

stefanie said...

I love how you told your evening. So funny! I'm terrified of comedians asking me questions, well actually, of speaking up in public period. I would have hidden under the table.

Favorite dates for me are breakfast or coffee or just hanging around at home on Friday mornings because we are both off work on Fridays and the girls are at school. That's when we finally get to do a week's worth of talking!

Nancy said...

"21 years of marriage, and 4 kids, all rolled into about a 10 minute comedy sketch" Priceless. what a fun memory for your celebration. Congratulations!