Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Half My Life!


I got married October 17, 1987.


That following December, I turned 23.
Which is to say I got married at the age of 22 years and 10 months.


This October we will celebrate or 23rd Wedding Anniversary.


So, right now, this month,
August, 2010,
I have been married for 22 years and 10 months.


Half of my life!


I've now been married as long as I was single!


And next month that changes to:
I have been married even longer than I wasn't.


It's weird to think about,
and it makes me feel kinda old!


I'm not that young girl any longer.


Then I realize
I've spent half of my life with the Love of My Life!


What could be better?!


1 comment:

Pam said...

That is awesome! Good for you and your sweetie. I, too, was married in 1987 and was 23 at the time. So we are on the same schedule of married to single ratio! And I agree it's something to celebrate and be proud of.

Love the 80s-tastic wedding photo! Brings back some awesome memories!