Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Family That Vacations Together . . .

One of my Favorite things in life is Family Vacations! I just Love getting away from it all with the people I love more than anything! Making new Memories! And finding new Adventures! But, now that my Boys are older & have Jobs & Lives of their own, they couldn't go with us this year. (Who told them they could Grow Up? It certainly wasn't me!)


This summer after their Graduation, Zach & his best friend Jordan took a trip to Cedar Point in Ohio. One of the top amusement parks in the world. They had a great time celebrating all their hard work on their way to their Associates Degrees!



And Kyle is going this week to San Diego with some Friends as well. But it's getting harder & harder to all go on Vacation together! Two years ago Kyle didn't get to go with us when we went to see Zach at Mt. Rainier & Visit Seattle. But this is the first time Zach hasn't been able to go.



The night before we left for Vacation, Zach had to work late & we were already in bed when he got home since we had to get up really early the next morning. But, I found a note he left on my Suitcase. It brought tears to this Mother's eyes. It read: 

I realized that this is the first family vacation that I will miss 
and it is so very sad.
It made me think how in just a few years I'll be moving out 
and starting my own family
And I only wish it's half as good as this one.
You are amazing parents, 
Thank you for all you have done
and for this incredible family I'm blessed to be a part of 
and don't want to leave.
I love you mom and dad have a great vacation. 


All my kids are car sleepers, since they were little! Especially on Road Trips! :) Every time we take a trip, we see if we can see License plates from all 50 states! I think on this trip we got them all but like 8 states! That's pretty good, considering this was a pretty short trip! I've also Blogged about tips for traveling with small children. See it here.



 A funny thing that happened on this trip was we walked into a Truck Stop, while John was gassing up the car, & Erica squealed "Oh look, it's one of those kinds of phones! Take my Picture!" Then I started singing Maroon 5's song: I'm on a Pay Phone, trying to call home. All of my change I've spent on you! :) Yeah, we can always laugh at ourselves!

 

Our little dog Tinkerbell stayed home with the boys. We left early Monday morning & she didn't  eat much of anything all week. I guess she was just too grief stricken we had left! So on Wednesday afternoon we Skyped with her & told her to eat! And then they were able to get her to eat a little! :) Just one more benefit of modern technology! :)


We had a great time! I'll be sharing some of the Amazing things we did in upcoming posts. But wanted to just remind us all that you don't have to spend an obscene amount of money & go on big fancy vacations, we never have. But what really matters the most is just being together! Having fun & making Memories. I'm so thankful for my family & all the times we've had together, and will continue to have together.



3 comments:

kellythom747 said...

It looks like yall had a ball! Don't you love family bonding time?

zionriverresort said...

Family vacations are times for relaxing and enjoying your family in new exciting surroundings, and there are lots of different places to go for your family vacation getaway each year.

family vacation ideas

Unknown said...

Thanks for the share. I 100% agree, there is nothing more I love in life then a good ole family vacation. My family and I rent out the same Martha's Vineyard Rental home every summer (have been for 10 years) and absolutely have the time of our lives. There is just something about having all my family together that makes me the happiest person in the world :)!