Sunday, August 10, 2014

Sisterhood Everlasting


I've just finished reading Sisterhood Everlasting by: Ann Brashares. It had been quite awhile since I'd read her Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants Books, so to refresh my memory I watched the Movies made from those Books. The first Movie coincides with the first Book, the second Movie is kinda like the other three Books combined. They are about a group of 4 girls, who's Mothers met in a pregnancy exercise group, and have been best friends their whole lives. The summer before they turn 16 they find a pair of Jeans that miraculously fit and look amazing on all 4 of them, even though they are different shapes & sizes. So since they are spending the summer apart for the first time of their lives, they decide to share the pants, taking turns wearing them for a week & them sending them on to their "sister." The Books take us through the next 4 summers with the girls and their traveling pants. They travel, fall in love, meet people who change their lives, Graduate High School, move, start College, take jobs and start careers, all while sharing the magical Pants. That is until the pants are lost. The girls remain friends through everything life throws at them. And meet all of life's challenges together.

It's now 10 years latter. Lena, Tibby, Carmen & Bridget are on the verge of turning 30 and making life altering decisions, when this Author decided to revisit them. And if, like me, you think you know these girls and how they will turn out, then, like me, you will find out your were wrong! That's right. I'm not wrong often, especially when it comes to Books, but this once I was! :) I love it when a Book surprises me, and this one definitely does that! I didn't see what happens coming at all. And at first I thought I didn't like where it was going, but once again I was surprised. I enjoyed reading Sisterhood Everlasting. It's short easy to read chapters, that tell the story from each of the girls perspectives. And I'll admit it, I'm a sucker when it comes to Books on female Friendships! So, if you liked The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants Books (though I don't think you necessarily have to have read them) or Movies, then pick up Sisterhood Everlasting & let me know what you think of it.


Now, I'm off to answer that most Loved and Hated of all Questions; What Should I Read Next? It's always fun trying to decide, as I have a pretty large To Be Read list!

No comments: