Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Readers Challenge!


A friend of mine tagged me on Facebook in a Readers Challenge. You have to come up with a list of 10 Books that have meant something to you. They don't have to be the "right" Books, or works of great literature. They just had to make you feel something! My favorite kind of books! I was very excited to do this, but it was VERY hard to come up with just 10 Books!


So here are the 10 Books I came up with:
1. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
2. Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi
3. The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
4. Dancing Naked In Front Of The Fridge; And Other Lessons From Twins by Nancy J. Sipes
5. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
6. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
7. Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons by Lorna Landvik
8. Traveling With Pomegranates by Sue Monk Kidd and Ann Kidd Taylor
9. The Pilots Wife by Anita Shreve
10. Love Walked In by Marisa De Los Santos



And since I keep all the Books I've read and love, I had to take a picture! :) The only one missing is the Help, I lent it out. Little Women is my all time favorite book! Reading Lolita In Tehran is a book I think all women should read! The Pilot's Wife was my first Oprah Book Club book, and it's still one of the best! Eat, Pray, Love and Traveling With Pomegranates are Travel Memoirs, you learn a lot when you travel, and I guess you can from others' travels as well! I recommend The Five Love Languages to all couples getting Married as well as to parents! Dancing Naked In Front Of The Fridge is about Twins, written by Twins, I learned a lot from it as I was raising my Twins! The Help is funny and it really shows where we've come from with Racism in this country. Love Walked In is the first Book I'd read by Marisa De Los Santos & I just adore the way she writes! And Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons, even though it has a funny name, it's the kind of Book that when it ends, you feel like you're leaving Friends! That's why I picked my 10! What would your 10 be?


No comments: