Wednesday, December 31, 2014

My Year Of Hope! My Year Of Grace!!

 

  My word for the year 2014 was Hope!

Hope: the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best. to look forward to with desire and reasonable confidence. to believe, desire, or trust.

2013 ended with me out of a job, I wanted to choose a word for the new year that would have meaning & hopefully bring us good luck! Hope is one of my Favorite Words! And 2014 brought lots of Hope to our Family; Both my son's got engaged & one of them got Married! I finally found a fun new job. I hit the big 5.0. (Don't tell anybody!) And We celebrated our 27th Wedding Anniversary! My Baby Girls turned 17 and are enjoying their Jr. Year of High School! And Erica will start 2015 with her very first job! Yikes! Where has the time gone?! 

We still face some hard issues in life right now, uncertainty in jobs, no health insurance, family members going through divorces, falling out with people we truly thought were our friends. So as I was trying to choose my word for the New Year, I thought of a great book I read this year called One Thousand Gifts, which showed me the need to be Grateful for all we've been given. I've started keeping a Gratitude Journal, starting a list of my own 1000 Gifts! And I was reminded that all gifts are Grace! Given to us by God.

 My word for 2015 is Grace!

Grace: Unmerited favor of God. favor or goodwill. elegance or beauty of form, manner, motion, or action. to favor or honor. 
Yes. My word for the New Year is Grace! We could all use the Unmerited Favor of God! Gifts bestowed on us, we don't deserve! All gifts are Grace! Everything, from the smallest, seemingly insignificant, to the big and very meaningful! 

So Happy New Year! 
Here's to our year of Hope
And here's to a year full of Grace!

No comments: