Monday, May 18, 2015

Mother's Day Musings

I hope you all had an incredible Mother's Day! There is no greater calling in life than being a parent. However you become one, there is nothing like it! No Joy, or pain comparable. I will be the first to admit that I am not a perfect Mother by any means! I never had the cleanest house, but I was always the mom on the floor playing with my kids, teaching them how to dream! I would much rather be coloring than cooking! :) I was the one cheering the loudest at any sports/music/scholar event! (a loud mouth is good for something!) We love to laugh & be silly, and yet, we love to have serious, deep conversations as well. I love my family more than anything!

 
 "Good Moms let you lick the beaters . . .
Great Moms turn them off first!"

On Mother's day this year, my girls made me breakfast, we went to Church, had some lunch, then spent the rest of the day with my Mother In Law. We are so Thankful to have her & to get to spend time with her! She is sweet & loving. Not to mention that she raised an incredible son, who has become the best Husband & Father, and for that I will always be grateful. But this is about Mother's Day! So . . . back to me! :)

 
 "Home is where your Mom is!"

Mother's day, & everyday for that matter, I really miss my own Mom, who is now in Heaven. No one listens or cares like your Mother does. And no matter how old you are, you're never too old to want your Mom around are you?! So treasure the time you have with those you love. And celebrate the special days & the ordinary ones, because the time you have will never be enough.

 
 "Sometimes I open my mouth
and my Mother comes out!"


 "A Mother who radiates self-love & self-acceptance
actually vaccinates her daughter against low self-esteem"
(Naomi Wolf)

 
 "Being a Mother is learning about strength
you didn't know you had
and dealing with fears
you didn't know existed."
(Linda Wooten)

 
"By the time a Woman realizes her Mother was right
she has a Daughter that thinks she's wrong!" 

 "I'll love you forever, 
I'll like you for always, 
As long as I'm living, 
My baby you'll be." 


 "Life doesn't come with a Manual;
it comes with a Mother."

 "Behind every good kid
is a Great Mom!"

 "I smile because you are my Mother, 
I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!"

 "Mothers hold 
their child's hand for a moment
and their heart
for a lifetime."

 "The most important thing 
she'd learned over the years
was that there was no way
to be a Perfect Mother,
and a million ways
to be a Great one."
(Jill Churchill)

No comments: