Saturday, March 1, 2014

My Month Of Gratitude

Even though things haven't been going well for me, not having a job & everything, I determined to be Thankful for all the things that I do have in my life. I decided that in the month of February I would cultivate an Attitude Of Gratitude


So I found something every day of the month to be Thankful for. Because there is Always, Always  something to be Grateful for. And I kept a list! Here is my list (in no particular order)

1. John (My Husband)
2. Kyle (Son)
3. Zach (Son)
4. Erica (Daughter)
5. Lexi (Daughter)
6. Tinkerbell (Our Dog)
7. Books
8. God's Provision
9. Kendra & Katie (My Boys' Girlfriends) 
10. My Husband's Family
11. My Mom & Dad
12. My Family
13. Music
14. Quality Time Spent With The People I Love
15. Health
16. Gods Protection
17. Living In The United States
18. Laughter
19. Holiday's
20. Self confidence
21. Change
22. The Beauty Of Nature
23. A Good Nights Sleep
24. New Friends
25. New Opportunities
26. Social Media
27. Photographs / Memories
28. My New Job

One item for each day of the month of February! Most days I would wake up & fall asleep thinking of my item for that day! And I didn't just put it on a list, I actually gave Thanks! Yes I Thanked God for giving it to me! I thought when I started this venture, that I would be including a new job I'd have gotten, but that hasn't happened yet. But I'm still thankful that it is coming! So I included it in my list anyway! Believing it will come. 


And I must say it really has helped. Being Grateful really changes your perspective! It gives you a better attitude. It forces you to think positively, instead of negatively, which is an easy trap to fall into when life isn't going your way. You always hear "Look On The Bright Side Of Things!" Well it really is a better way of looking at life.


So, what would you add to the list? What are you Grateful for today?

No comments: