Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Whats Our Response to Easter?

(John & I on Easter)

Last weekend between Good Friday & Easter Sunday I was reading in the book of Matthew about the Crucifixion & the Resurrection. And I noticed something I hadn't noticed before. Funny how that always seams to happen when reading God's word.

(Kyle)

This was after Jesus had risen from the dead: Meanwhile, the eleven disciples were on their way to Galilee, headed for the mountain Jesus had set for their reunion. The moment they saw Him they worshiped Him. Some, though, held back, not sure about worship, about risking themselves totally. Jesus, undeterred. went right ahead and gave His charge: "God authorized and commanded me to commission you: Go out and train everyone you meet, far, near, in this way of life . . . I'll be with you as you do this, day after day after day, right up to the end of the age." (Matthew 28:16-20 - The Message)

(Zach)

What struck me was that some of His very own disciples, who had watched Him die & were now seeing Him alive again, held back, unsure of risking themselves totally to Worship Him. How many times have we been guilty of the exact same thing? Not willing to quite give our all, even after He's given everything for us.

(Lexi & Erica showing off their Easter dresses)

So my question for all of us is this: What are you holding back? What part of you are you unwilling to risk totally to Christ? Offer it in worship, He has promised to be with us always.

What is our response to Easter?

1 comment:

{oc cottage} said...

Ooops! I think IfForgot to say I was stopping by from SITS!!! HAPPY SITS SAT!!

m ^..^