Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful Thursday: Thanksgiving 2011


Happy Thanksgiving!


Since this is the last Thursday of November & my last Thankful Thursday post (until next year, anyway) I thought I'd do something a little different. A list. It's always hard just to pick one thing to do a Thankful Thursday post about, so today, I'm not choosing just one. Since it is Thanksgiving Day, 2011, I'm going to share 11 things of which I am deeply Thankful for. We should all be doing this, after all that is what Thanksgiving is for, to remind us to stop and count our Blessings. And remember to give Thanks for all we have . . .

1. My Husband, John. A Great Man, Husband & Father. I love you babe.

2. My Kids. Kyle, Zach, Erica & Alexia. They bring me so much Joy in life!

3. Our Family. Today we will get to be with many of them. First The Forbis' at John's Mom's house in Casa Grande & then The Finks at my Brother's house in Glendale! Which of course means we will be eating a lot! I LOVE Family time!

4. Health. We, Thankfully, are all pretty healthy. Having lost people close to me, I realize just how fragile life really is. And am grateful for every moment.

5. My Home. Yes, it is way too small for 6 people to be living in, (especially when half of them have a lot of musical equipment) but it is our home, a place we can be ourselves and be together.

6. Our Cars. Even after this week, when on the way home from work I had a flat tire. But without a car, I couldn't get to work, or Church, or my kids activities, etc.

7. Social Media. (Don't laugh!) Through things like Facebook, Twitter & Blogging I have reconnected with many old friends, people who over the years I had lost touch with. And made many new connections, with people I would never have met otherwise!

8. Good Books. You know I love to read! And Books can become our Friends, our Teachers, a Mirror, an Escape, etc.

9. Tinkerbell. No, not the Fairy, though I do like her! Our little Dog, Toy Rat Terrier to be exact. We've never really been pet people, until Tinkerbell came into our lives. She was given to my girls for their eighth Birthday & has become such a fun part of our family.

10. Education. My kids are learning so much more than I'll ever know. Both my boys are in College and both with Scholarships that I am very grateful for! We should never stop learning. And always be Life Learners!

11. Last, but certainly not least: God. He is ever Faithful. Even when it might not feel like it. When I have doubt or worry, He is always there for me to turn to in my time of need. He provides for us, comforts us, guides us. Thank you God, for all You are & all You do!

Happy Thanksgiving!

What are some of the things you are Thankful for today?

No comments: